Yoga Classes at The Rubin Health Center in St Petersburg Fl
Yoga will make you more aware of your body’s posture, alignment and patterns of movement as well as becoming aware of tensions held and stored in your body, while making you more flexible and helping you to relax in today’s stressful environments. This is one of the foremost reasons people want to start practicing yoga – to feel fitter, be more energetic, and be happier and peaceful.
How Yoga works
- Release stress, tension and anxiety
- Increases body awareness, focus and concentration
- Balances your endocrine system, soothing your nervous system, while activating your para-sympathetic nervous system, allowing you to relax, sleep and maintain your natural body weight
- Improves your balance, strength, flexibility
- Creates an overall sense of vitality, health and well being
Yoga has far reaching benefits:
- Rotate your joints and spine giving you more flexibility
- Takes weight off the spine and shoulders improving bone health
- Improves body symmetry by balancing front to back for alignment to help with fall prevention
- Discourages tight, bunched muscles that cause compression around joints and reduce flexibility
- Lengthens muscles for gaining in muscle tone and overall strength
- Increases muscle length, flexibility and balance to maintain, or re-gain good posture
- Balances the glands responsible for estrogen, calcium, and adrenaline levels
- Increases the flow of oxygen for the repair of all cells
- Improves balance, focus, concentration and coordination
- Lowers blood pressure
- You’ll notice Energy level increases
Yoga has far reaching effects on your body:
Flexibility: Stretching your tight body in new ways will help it to become more flexible, bringing greater range of motion to muscles and joints. Over time, you can expect to gain flexibility in your hamstrings, back, shoulders, and hips.
Strength and Balance: Many yoga poses require you to support the weight of your own body, increasing not just your muscular strength, while strengthening your shoulders, arms, wrist and spine for bone health. You can also expect to see increased muscle tone. Yoga helps shape long, lean muscles instead of tight, bunched muscles.
Improves Breathing: Yoga breathing exercises focus the attention on the breath and teach you how to better use your lungs, which benefits the entire body. Certain types of breath can also help clear the nasal passages, which has both physical and mental benefits.
Massaging Organs of the Body: Yoga massages the internal glands and organs of the body, such as the prostate which hardly get externally stimulated during our entire lifetime. Yoga benefits you by keeping away disease and providing a forewarning at the first possible instance of a likely onset of disease or disorder.
Yoga and Detoxification: By gently stretching muscles and joints, yoga increases blood supply to your body, helping to flush out toxins as well as providing nourishment to hard to get to tendons and joints.
Psychological Benefits of Yoga:
- Somatic and kinesthetic awareness increases right away
- Improves your mood and subjective well-being increases
- Positive effects on Anxiety and Depression
- Improves concentration
- Improves your Memory
- Attention span improves
- Learning ability improves
- Increase well being
Yoga Classes at The Rubin Health Center in St Petersburg Fl – For more information on Yoga classes in St Petersburg call us at 727-822-1555.